Terms & Conditions
Welcome to HappyMeToday LLP, the following information will answer most of your questions about the therapy services at my office. Please feel free to ask for clarification or additional information at your initial visit.
What is therapy and how does it work?
Therapy is the process of solving emotional problems by talking with a person professionally trained to help people achieve a more fulfilling individual life, marital relationship, or family relationships. The process of change will, in many ways, be unique to your particular situation. Who you are as a person will help to determine the ways in which you go about changing your life. The process of change begins by first clearly defining the problem, and then discussing your thoughts and feelings, understanding the origin of the difficulty and developing news skills and healthy attitudes about yourself and others. The most important factor in the success of therapy is good communication between therapist and patient. In some instances, talking about your difficulties may exacerbate your symptoms, however over time you should see an improvement. In addition, not all individuals benefit from therapy or working with a particular therapist. If at any time during the therapy you have questions about whether or not the treatment is effective, feelings about something I have said or suggested or need clarification of our goals, do not hesitate to bring this up in our session.
By law and professional ethics, your sessions are strictly confidential. Generally, no information will be shared with anyone without your written permission. If you are seeing another therapist or health professional it may be necessary for me to contact that person so that we can coordinate our efforts. If this is necessary I will ask for your permission. There are however, a number of exceptions to this confidentiality policy.
• If I am ordered by the court to testify or release records.
• If you are a victim or perpetrator of child abuse I am required by law to report this to the appropriate social service and/or legal authorities responsible for investigating child abuse.
• If you are a victim or perpetrator of elder or dependent adult abuse I am required by law to report this to appropriate social service and/or legal authorities.
• If you threaten harm to yourself, someone else or the property of others, I may be required to call the police and warn the potential victim, or take other reasonable steps to prevent the threaten harm.
Free 30 minutes exploratory session are strictly for first time clients only. It’s main objective is to let the clients clarify their doubts and to ensure we are a right fit for each other.
Effective coaching and/or psychotherapy does take a commitment on both sides. I have found over the years that the more consistent (and sometimes frequent) the client is in attending their sessions, the greater and quicker the progress. As such:
• If for any reason you need to reschedule any of our sessions, please provide at least 24 hours notice in order to keep the session as a credit.
• Session will not be scheduled more than twice for any one person.
• Of course any last minute emergencies will be considered with sufficient evidence, however if there is an inkling of a potential need to reschedule please let me know out of respect for my time.
• Anything outside of these guidelines will cause you to forfeit that session and even potentially the entire program, and you will not be reimbursed or compensated as a result of your own actions.
After Hours Emergencies
I am not available after my usual business hours for emergencies. I do check my messages during weekdays between 9:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Leave a message on my contact form and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
It is our goal to work with you until you have reached your desired state. With most clients this is usually a minimum commitment of 3 months. We do not accept cancellations simply because of a change of mind. This is a legally binding contract and cancellations are not permissible. If due to unforeseen circumstances, you can take credit or a break from the treatment.
All material relating to the Program/s including bonuses, whether presented during, before or after the Program, is subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights. The copyright in all such materials remains the property of their owners and may not be recorded, used or reproduced, without the written permission of the copyright owner.
Any testimonials posted publicly, shared at events and/or online is the ownership of the HappyMeToday LLP,
and can be used for marketing and promotional resources.